Banc of California is seeking a Treasury Management Specialist for our Irvine location.
The position of Treasury Management Specialist is responsible for performing the best in class customer service activities relating to the Treasury Management products and services for the Bank. Ensures compliance with established Bank policies and procedures. Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position including but not limited to the following: Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act), Regulation B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Bank Secrecy Act in conjunction with the USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Customer Information Program, Right to Financial Privacy Act (state and federal) and Community Reinvestment Act.
1. The Treasury Management Specialist is responsible for performing operational support duties for the Treasury Management Department.
2. Provides a full range of best in class professional, technical and general support to customers and Bank personnel. Products included in this support include; Retail & Business Online Banking, eBanking Wires, ACH, Remote Deposit Capture, Positive Pay, Account Reconciliation, Lockbox, 3rd Party Depository Services, Merchant Card Services, Account Analysis. In addition, support of our Private Banking Division with banking integration accounting software solutions such as Datafaction and Zenith
3. Performs customer setups; prepares contracts and maintains customer files; tracks sales records, monitors product usage and system authority.
4. Resolves problems within given authority.
5. Assist in providing a written response to a Request for Proposal
6. Helps in the coordination and support of audits and examinations.
7. Provides clerical assistance in training Bank personnel on the features and benefits of Treasury management products and services.
8. Performs a variety of routine daily tasks; review reports, prepares correspondence; and participates in special department projects.
9. Responds to inquiries or refers inquiries to the appropriate department or person, and exhibiting the necessary follow through with customers and/or staff involved.
10. Consistently applies superior decision making techniques pertaining to inquiries, approvals and requests as they apply to existing policies and procedures, keeping within assigned approval limits and using these instances as learning tools for employee development.
11. Processes, solves and answers routine to moderate customer transactions, problems or inquiries.
12. Operates computer terminal or personal computer to process account activity, determine balances and resolve problems within given authority.
13. Answers telephones, answers questions and directs callers to proper Bank personnel.
14. Assumes responsibility for various department functions in the absence of staff members or in overload situations.
15. Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
16. Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
17. Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports the Bank’s goals and values; benefits the bank through outside activities.
18. Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
1+ years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be applicable to the financial industry.
Some knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, Bank operational policies and procedures, and the Bank’s products and services.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals and technical procedures.
Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; intermediate typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, speak clearly to customers and employees.
Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.